Glacier Symphony: Orchestra and Chorale Updated 9/11/17
Glacier Symphony: Orchestra and Chorale is pleased to announce these new position openings as part of our administrative team. These new roles are integral to the delivery of our mission, which include presenting a diverse range of challenging musical experiences and reaching our community through music education programs.
Please send your cover letter of interest and resume to Paul Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Education & Outreach Coordinator : (10-12 hours/week, $15/hour)
A liaison between GS staff, musicians, schools, teachers, other non-profits and social service agencies to increase attendance and awareness of GS events and programs. Work with Music and Executive Director to bring GS and our musicians into our community to grow our outreach and ultimately our audiences.
Key responsibility areas:
- WAM (Wild About Music) concerts (guest soloists and symphony): increasing attendance through communication with external partners (schools, agencies, etc)
- Develop teacher & student education materials for education programs
- Promote and schedule our education programs in schools with musicians, teachers/schools and other agencies
- Facilitate musician visits and attendance at outreach events and run-out concerts
- Explore and develop way to connect under served youth with concert experiences through our complimentary youth ticket program
- Enroll and train music student volunteers to help at concerts and other GS events
Our ideal candidate will have these skills and experience:
- Connection to local and regional school districts/schools and social service agencies
- Experience or interest in classical music and the ability to discuss and write about classical and new music programming
- High level of organization and ability to work independently and familiarity with technology (email, internet)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Glacier Chorale Auditions
All musicians interested in auditioning for the Glacier Chorale should contact Chorale Conductor Micah Hunter at email@example.com to set up an audition time.