“Wild About Music” Youth Concerts
World renowned guest artists, the Glacier Symphony, and ensembles from the GSC perform 50 minute concerts in Kalispell, Whitefish, Bigfork, Somers/Lakeside and Columbia Falls to introduce elementary students to classical music, musical instruments, and composers. Area public and private schools and the Home School Association receive concert information and reservation forms prior to each concert. If you would like to receive regular invitations to the “Wild About Music” concerts, please email your contact information to email@example.com or call the GSC office at 407-7000. For a form to make reservations please check back (August 2017).
2017 – 2018 Schedule:
- Friday, November 17, 2017: 10:00 am INVOKE, strings at Flathead High School
- Friday January 19, 2018: 10:00 am Glacier Symphony for 4-6th Graders at Glacier High School
- Friday Feb, 16, 2018: 10:00 am Stephen Beus, piano at Flathead High School
“A Visit from the Symphony”
The newest education program of the GSC! Invite a musician from the symphony or chorale to visit your elementary class and provide a one-two hour program involving music education, familiarization with orchestral instruments and a short performance. This program also involves providing free tickets for students and their parents to attend a full symphony performance. Call 407-7000 today to request this program (dependent on availability of funding).
Montana Association of Symphony Orchestras (MASO) Young Artist Competition (YAC) for 2017
Every two years MASO sponsors a competition for young artists in the state of Montana that want to get experience in competition. The next competition will be in January 2017 on the campus of Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. Follow the link to MASO Website. http://www.montanasymphonies.org/about/
Children’s Instrument Petting Zoo
The GSC, in partnership with the North Valley Music School offers a hands-on program for school children to get “up close and personal” with instruments of the orchestra. The program allows young children a chance to see, feel, touch, and sometimes play, a variety of instruments.
Contact the GSC office at 406-7000 to schedule a ‘zoo’ session.
Opportunities for young musicians to work directly with guest artists and orchestra members. Information about master classes is sent to area schools and music teachers prior to master classes.
The Glacier Symphony and Chorale will accept applications for a limited number of scholarships to students who have played with the Glacier Symphony for at least 3 concerts during a regular season or who are on the permanent orchestra substitution list, or those who have sung in the Glacier Chorale. In addition, when funds are available, “at-large” scholarships may be provided to outstanding music students, who show exceptional ability but have not yet had the opportunity to perform with the GSC. Scholarships must be used for students to further their musical career through camps, private lessons, or college tuition. Those eligible can be from 9th to 12th grades, including seniors who are graduating.
Concert and recital performances for students and adults in outlying communities such as Eureka, Somers, Libby, Plains, Polson, St. Ignatius, Columbia Falls. Includes musical visits to public venues and area nursing homes.
Discover Music with Free Student Tickets
Share the joy of classical music with a youth!
- All Kids under 18 years old get in free to our Masterworks or Whitefish Series concert.
- That’s 5 opportunities to experience live classical music and explore the works of Beethoven, international guest artists, and the Glacier symphony and Chorale.
- Affordable tickets for the entire family: $15 tickets for adults in Tier 4 at the Flathead High School performances. For that price, you could even splurge and bring your neighbors with their children!
- Flexible concert schedule: Saturday night or Sunday afternoon performances to accommodate busy schedules or early bedtimes.